Brewing French Press Coffee
Coffee / Water Ratio
Ratio of coffee to water is key, the following guideline will yield a full flavor cup of coffee.
- 1/4 cup of ground coffee to 17 oz water/small French Press
- 1/3 cup of ground coffee to 36 oz water/medium French Press
- 1/2 cup of ground coffee to 44 oz water/large French Press
- In a stainless steel or glass kettle bring water to a boil
- Pour an ounce of water into Press to rinse and preheat
- Add ground coffee to Press
- Gently pour boiled water to fill Press halfway
- Finish filling Press to base of spout
- Cover and brew for 5 minutes
- Swirl again and gently press plunger all the way down
- For best flavor serve freshly brewed Papua immediately
Even after the coffee has been pressed it will continue to brew. If you prefer a stronger brew, allow the coffee to steep.
For a milder brew drink immediately, or transfer to a glass-lined thermos. An airpot works well to keep your Papua hot and fresh tasting at the office, events & parties!